Monday, December 1, 2008

winding down

My AIM coordinator Naomi came to debrief me this week, because in two weeks I'm going home.


Haibo.


We talked about a lot of things like strengths and weaknesses (for me: teaching children anything. Especially math. I mean, you carry the one. I don't know how else to explain it.) We also talked about the things that I've learned while I've been here and the one that stands out to me more than anything was that God is faithful. He put this in my heart, He provided the way to go, He led me to this place, and He was alongside me all the way even when my purpose here didn't always seem clear to me. I look back at my time here and the fact that there truly are real dangers living in South Africa, and He has had His hand over me. I think this was due in no small part for the people at home that were constantly praying for me, and I can't even explain how much it means to know that.


This has been the one of the toughest things I've done, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.


I leave you with this (one of the reasons why I wouldn't trade it):


I love that little nut.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How precious is the time that God blessed you with in SA at Lily! I can't wait to hear ALL about it. I think that I would fall in love with "that nut" too!

Anonymous said...

She is definitely one that can steal your heart!
Can hardly wait to see you!
Love, Mom