Tuesday, March 18, 2008

i lost my driver's license again

This time, in Walmart. Ugh, walmart. I haven't been in there for so long but my mom and I spent 3 HOURS there yesterday getting stuff I needed to take with me...I got a long list of suggestions from the people at AIM last week and I was not exactly prepared. Also, I wanted to get some medical supplies to take with me based off suggestions from the nurse who was there before me (also named Sarah). I bought gauze, antiseptic, bandages, tape, and alcohol pads, my favorite.
BUT when I got home I realized my driver's license was gone. Again. I usually am not a loser (of things) but my Tennessee driver's license escapes me on a regular basis. Naturally, it took me about 20 seconds to be convinced of the worse case scenario. I have lost it. It is gone forever. I will not be able to get a new one, because I no longer live in Tennessee. All of my paperwork is based off of my TN license number. I will not be allowed to leave the country because I don't have my identification (somehow, in this scenario a US passport was not sufficient). Etc. Etc. My mom calmly suggested I call customer service at Walmart (where I had my license out, because I was having to return stuff for my mom, who has returned so much stuff to Walmart without a receipt that she has been blacklisted and can't do it again for 6 months or something like that. They probably have a picture of her face behind the cash register.) where they informed me that it was sitting there waiting on me. Thank God. Again.
Another exciting thing about this week, which I keep sort of forgetting about, is that I'm going to get to spend Saturday in London with my sister! Rachel's in school right now in Swansea, Wales and I have a 9 hour layover so we're going to see the sights. Or at least a few of them. I've never gotten to see London so I'm pretty excited. And in true good sisterly fashion, the very first place she's taking me is Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross Station so I can get my Harry Potter fix for the next 9 months. Hooray.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Sarah! Glad you found it...maybe that's where you were when I stopped by your house yesterday. :-) hope you're getting all together. glad you'll get to see Rach.

Unknown said...

just dont try to run through the wall onto platform 9 3/4. itd be pretty sad if you arrived in south africa with a major head injury and were unable to perform your duties.

UAB mom said...

sarah...you make me laugh! I wanted to let you know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers! by the way if there is such a thing as Platform 9 3/4, i expect to see a picture!! miss you!

Becky said...

Sarah....you crack me up! Take pictures of 9 3/4!!!